Wednesday 1 April 2009

Latest on Smartie

Vet rang me mid afternoon and told me she's had her op. It went very well, they've managed to put her bones back where they should be, and her leg is now all pinned and clamped and goodness knows what else. She had come round again by the time vet rang, and was fine. They are keeping her in again tonight to keep an eye on her and keep her topped up with painkillers, but she ought to come home tomorrow.

Then the fun begins of trying to persaude her the that vet said 6 weeks of rest!

Not much else happening, I've about two thirds of the way through replacing kitchen floor, tis looking great. Have also been repainting bits of wall while I'm at it. Bit pointless laying a new floor and THEN painting. Am jsut doing it the same colour, covering some of the marks that have magically appeared. None of my children ever touch the walls. Same way their stuff walks all by itself to the middle of the floor and then sits there.

We've not won pub quiz so much recently, the curly merkins are back on form :-\

School holidays start soon, I will undoubtably have had enough by about 8am Saturday morning. Would be sooner but I'm going out Friday night.

I will try and get a pic of Smartie all bandaged up. It'll take me months to get round to moving it from camera to pc and then to blog, but thats nothing new.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

get well soon smartie xxx